This position is specifically for a Designer who has previous packaging design skills. The position is not for a structural packaging designer. The Designer must be a strong creative professional who brings a high level of design ability to the organization. This person must have good design knowledge and strive to bring strong, unique and leading edge solutions to their work. The Designer must be able to work well in a team structure with the ability to articulate their solutions within the organization and to the customer.Responsibilities:
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
- Create design solutions that answer client brief and are strategic as well as creative in nature
- A strong, self-motivated personality, with the ability to work as part of the creative team as well independently
- Designer will look to other members of the design team for guidance, insight and knowledge sharing.
- Good communication skills with the ability to hold open informal discussions
- Create a systematic review of thinking through sketches, reference material and competitive audits
- Ability to be mindful of the budget and time lines for a project
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree or similar.
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Knowledge of packaging design (not structural packaging)
- Knowledge of branding and brand strategy
- Ability to communicate ideas visually through sketching and computer generated ideation
- Strong ability to work with typography, photography and computer generated graphics
- Must be competent in Adobe CS4 or CS5 (Illustrator and Photoshop) working on an Apple computer
- Knowledge of Microsoft PPT, Apple Keynote and Adobe In-Design is a plus.
- Must have good communication and mentoring skills