Help Desk Team Lead
The McIntyre Group is looking for a Help Desk Team lead for an active, hands-on role in supporting both end-users and systems (Level I-III). The role's primary responsibility is planning various types of help desk deliverables and to establishing an automated request management/reporting system to manage environment with increasing support demands as organization grows.
- Work with Business teams to understand delivery and service level requirements.
- Collaborate with Application Support teams to understand current methods of delivery and support.
- Research and evaluate vendor products and play a key role in the selection; implementation and customization of new ticketing system.
- Monitor, track, and produce reports for all requests and incidents. Organize metrics and statistics on a monthly dashboard for ongoing management reporting.
- Actively participate in the support of end user requests, troubleshoot application problems and participate in ongoing project work. Assist in off-hours (including weekends) support coverage (rotated).
- Triage a wide variety of application, software, database, and network related issues. Coordinate with other technology management teams to resolve issues based on criticality.
- Interface with business owners, Systems Administrators, Network Administrators, and vendors in local or remote physical locations to cooperatively resolve issues and complete projects.
- 5-7 years experience supporting and maintaining Windows-based applications and environments for large organizations within the financial services industry.
- Extensive hands-on experience and deep knowledge of the Windows operating system and Windows application software.
- General understanding of Active Directory, role-based security, and Group Policy management. Fully understand, configure, and troubleshoot database connectivity to multiple platforms including Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proven experience managing processes and operations in an enterprise environment. Experience managing End User Support and Help Desk functions. Experience defining metrics and management reports to assess the performance of service levels to defined business requirements.
- Experience with Citrix XenApp and VMWare vCenter administration.
- Candidates must be professional, service oriented, articulate, able to explain technical matters in a clear and concise manner, patient, and must have a genuine interest in proactively helping others in their technical matters.
- Must demonstrate an ability and interest in having a hands-on technical approach to the server administration function. Must have an ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, prioritize work accordingly, and follow-thru to completion.
- A BA/BS college degree with academic exposure to Computer Science and/or a related technology field.