Infrastructure Engineer/Project Manager
Greenwich based client is seeking an exceptional systems engineer/project manager to join its nascent IT team tasked with driving the innovation of its next generation systems infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to join a sophisticated global quantitative trading firm and have a real impact on the technology platform during the next phase of its development. The successful candidate will be responsible for a varied array of projects and systems across a wide range of technology areas. Expert knowledge of UNIX/Linux, a solid understanding of networking fundamentals and technologies and exposure to large-scale computing environments and trading infrastructure are all assumed, as is the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and put together well-reasoned and resourceful solutions under time pressure. The role requires extensive and continued liaison with central infrastructure and internal technology teams and excellent verbal and written communication skills are therefore essential.
- Manage multiple projects across all areas of infrastructure
- Architect scalable, high performance and highly available infrastructure solutions
- Research and development of hardware and infrastructure applications
- Maintain a secure environment in conjunction with dedicated InfoSec teams
- Manage allocation of computing resources
- Liaise between the user community and the technology support teams to ensure the highest levels of service are provided
- Provide user education and training in areas of technology infrastructure
- Create and maintain systems documentation
- Have 4 to 8 years' experience in a systems engineering role
- Possess effective project management skills and practices
- Have a strong understanding of Linux, network services, TCP/IP and database fundamentals
- Possess solid scripting abilities. Knowledge of C/C++ or Java is a plus.
- Be an analytical thinker with excellent problem solving abilities