Junior Infrastructure Engineer/Project Manager
Greenwich based client is seeking an exceptional junior systems engineer/project manager to join its nascent IT team tasked with driving the innovation of its next generation systems infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to join a sophisticated global quantitative trading firm and have a real impact on the technology platform during the next phase of its development. The successful candidate will be responsible for a varied array of projects and systems across a wide range of technology areas. Solid knowledge of UNIX/Linux and a good understanding of networking fundamentals are assumed, as is the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and put together well-reasoned and resourceful solutions under time pressure. The role requires extensive and continued liaison with central infrastructure and internal technology teams and excellent verbal and written communication skills are therefore essential.
- Manage multiple projects across all areas of infrastructure
- Manage allocation of computing resources
- Administer grid and cloud environments
- Liaise between the user community and the technology support teams to ensure the highest levels of service are provided
- Provide user education and training in areas of technology infrastructure
- Create and maintain systems documentation
- Maintain a secure environment in conjunction with dedicated Infosec teams
- Possess a Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative or engineering field
- Have 2 to 5 years' experience in a systems engineering role
- Possess a strong understanding of Linux, network services, TCP/IP and database fundamentals
- Have solid scripting abilities.
- Be an analytical thinker with excellent problem solving abilities
- Take initiative, be able to work with minimal direction and have a strong attention to detail