Junior Software DeveloperSummary
The McIntyre IT division is seeking a Junior Software Developer candidate for a contract to perm, or direct hire position with a reputable firm in Hartford, CT. The ideal candidate will support and develop software products and services for the Investment Management business and its clients. The incumbent will also participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle consistent with iterative and agile approaches. The technical skills listed under job requirements are critical, but they are prepared to train the right person in specifics!Responsibilities
- Design, code, test and implement software solutions.
- Install, integrate, upgrade, and/or support third-party software products and services.
- Work directly with business partners to analyze requirements, problem solve, and design solutions.
- Ensure system design adheres to standards and includes appropriate security services and audit controls.
- Adhere to software source control and change management standards and procedures.
- Support applications and services that interface with third-party business products such as Bloomberg, Barclays, Intex, and/or Trepp.
- Create and maintain accurate system documentation as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of SQL or experience developing applications in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Proficiency in user-interface design.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology or Business (Finance/Investment/Insurance) degree with IT experience.